June 18, 2020
Workplace COVID-19 Policy
We are committed to taking all reasonable steps to protect everyone’s health and safety in regards to COVID-19.
This policy applies to our staff and all persons who visit this workplace (i.e. clients, customers, delivery persons, etc.).
Everyone is to take their temperature daily, before coming into the office.
No individual is to enter the office if:
• They have been ordered or recommended to self-isolate,
• They have any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. a sore throat, cough, or a fever), OR
• If they live in the same residence with someone who exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms.
If anyone is uncertain about whether or not they should self-isolate, please take the self-assessment questionnaire: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment
How do we work in the office safely?
• All staff must maintain physical distancing of 2 meters (except as explicitly agreed to)
• All staff are recommended to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained
• All staff must regularly wash their hands for at least 20 seconds as directed by Public Health and limit touching their face
• All staff must regularly wipe down and disinfect their workstation surfaces, including when first arriving at work for the day
• No staff should gather or hold conversations in a hallway
• Whenever possible, all staff must avoid sharing physical documents by using electronic documents instead
• When documents, packages, or otherwise are exchanged, staff should either use gloves or immediately wash their hands for at least 20 seconds as directed by Public Health
• All staff must avoid sharing items (e.g. laptops, pens, etc.)
• When sharing of items is required, these must be wiped down by the next user
• Before using the photocopier touchpad, it must be wiped down before and after
• All staff must ensure that all of their work is saved and organized in a manner that will allow a colleague to easily take over
• All staff must notify supervisor or Health & Safety designate if it is necessary that they leave the workplace on short notice
How can visitors attend safely?
• Visitors should only attend at our office if an alternative is not possible (e.g. video conference, telephone, email, etc.)
• All visitors are to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before entering the office
• All visitors are to confirm that they are able to enter (e.g. no symptoms) before entering the office
• Our COVID-19 policies are to be explained to all visitors (e.g. maintain 2 meters distance) and posted for review
• All visitors are to be recorded in a confidential manner in case there is an incident
What do we do about deliveries?
• All couriers are to drop off the delivery, while maintain 2 meters distance
• Only touchless methods for confirming delivery are allowed
How do we go about working safely outside of the office?
• When attending at another workplace, all relevant COVID-19 policies must be followed (e.g. hand washing, distancing, etc.)
• All staff should strive for handling matters outside of the office from their vehicle (e.g. curbside pickup)
• All staff must regularly clean their vehicle
What do we do if there is an actual or suspected positive instance of COVID-19 at the office?
• The staff member must take all steps required by the government and their physicians
• The staff member must contact the office and provide relevant needed information (e.g. the status of testing)
• We will inform the office, to the extended needed and required to protect everyone’s health
• We will take all steps reasonable to protect everyone’s health (e.g. a temporary office closure, an office cleaning, etc.) and all steps required by the government
For further information, please see the Pandemic Response Procedures